Friday, January 27, 2012

Mentors

Last night I was talking about how life can be mundane and boring at times, and for many people this is true most of the time. I find that people who live this way might not have a mentor who can share life together, whether it is spiritual life or career life. This morning I am going to meet up with someone who is part of "Social Media Shepherds", a collective of social networking and analytic experts who also love Jesus and want to help influence the world for good through their area of expertise.

I find that while I have learned a great deal in my short 25 years of life, I still have a great deal more to learn. I have a good foundation of knowledge, but I need wisdom on how to take my skills to the next level. Since I don't have the time to sit in front of a computer 24 hrs a day (though it seems like I do anyway), I prefer the personal interactions with someone who is very knowledgeable in my field who can guide me to the right resources and direct my efforts to be the most effective. I think everyone should have a professional mentor as well as a spiritual mentor. And if you are more advanced in years, it would be advantageous to BE a mentor to someone in your area of expertise.
If you are a mentor or if you have a mentor you want to share about please comment. Thanks for reading. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment