Thursday, January 26, 2012

Letting the melodies wash over me

Sometimes life gets mundane and boring and void of some beautiful melodies. What is needed is some overwhelmingly powerful notes strung together with such grace that words cannot possibly do it justice. Well, tonight I am working for a heating and air conditioning company called Abel Onsite, working on their website and such while I have no connection with the other employees of the company. I only go in to the shop once a week for an hour in the morning because I also work full time for Crown College in the Marketing and Communication departments doing social media, website updates, photography and video production...it's a full plate. While I love doing each and every one of these things, it's crazy trying to do all of them.

Anyway, tonight I was working for Abel Onsite while listening to my favorite group on iTunes and just had to stop and let the melodies wash over me. I stopped typing. I stopped clicking my mouse. I stopped looking at the pixels on my iMac screen. I just shut down the part of my brain that stresses about getting things done, pleasing people, time management, etc. and I just focused on absorbing the music. It's so freeing to do this for a minute or two. It does so much in the way of relaxing your nerves (not that I'm the least bit of a nervous person). However, I do need to get back to working on Abel's website. I'll talk to ya'll later. Hope you liked my momentary Southern Drawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment